Search for Kangaroo Island Accommodation
KI Sealink Terms & Conditions of Travel
Terms & Conditions of Travel
Terms & Conditions of KI Sealink Travel
All costs, itinerary details, and ferry schedules information are correct at the time of publishing, however, these can be subject to alteration, sometimes without notice by the KI Sealink Ferry Service. All services and reservations provided are subject to the conditions of the principal providers and no responsibility is accepted by Club KI its agents or staff for misrepresentation, unforeseen omissions or additional costs incurred, including those arising from adverse weather conditions. Refunds may not be available for unused services
All fares and prices are in Australian Dollars and valid from 15 February 2012 to 31 March 2013. All fares and prices are subject to surcharges, blackout periods and seasonal variation.
Child prices generally apply to children aged 3 to 14 years, inclusive. In some cases this may vary – please enquire at the time of booking. Accommodation for children under 3 is generally free of charge but some properties may impose a small charge and/or a fee for providing a cot. Children under 3 years of age travel free of charge on SeaLink services provided they do not occupy a seat.
Booking & Final Payments:
To make a booking through Club KI full payment is required at the time of booking as Club KI pay KI Sealink on your behalf at the time the reservation is made by Club KI.
Cancellation of a booking, or part thereof will incur the following fees:
- More than 30 days before departure - $50 per person
- Between 7 & 30 days before departure - $50 per person or 50% of total cost whichever is greater
- Less than 7 days before departure - $50 per person or 80% of total cost whichever is greater
- Within 24 hours of departure - 100% of total cost
No refunds will be made for services not availed once travel has commenced. All refund claims must be made in writing. Please note CLUB KI reserve the right to charge a $20 HANDLING FEE in addition to the above.
Amendment to Bookings:
Due to the complexity, staff time and communication costs of the booking process, a charge by KI Sealink Ferries of $22 (incl GST) may apply to each modification made after the original booking.
Holiday plans can be disrupted and cancellation fees can be costly. Travel insurance is inexpensive and highly recommended. If travel insurance is required, please advise CLUBKI at the time of making your reservation.
Conditions of Ferry Passage:
- Check-in time for all departures is to be a minimum of 30 minutes prior to departure. Due to loading requirements, The SeaLink Travel Group reserves the right to refuse boarding for both passengers and vehicles that check-in after this time.
- Drivers only permitted on the vehicle deck.
- Drivers must accept direction by SeaLink Travel Group crew at all times during loading and unloading.
- Smoking is prohibited on the vessel at all times.
- Travel may only be permitted for a person or persons whose name(s) appear on the SeaLink Travel Group manifests. Travel arrangements may only be transferred to another person(s) with the knowledge and authority of the Company and the person who made the booking.
- SeaLink Travel Group reserves the right to refuse to carry any person or cargo aboard any Company vessel or vehicle where the Company deems the person or cargo to be undesirable, unsuitable or dangerous.
- Flammable liquids in portable containers will not be carried (eg. boat tanks, jerry cans, paints & thinners) unless arrangements have been made prior as loading may be required on a flammable / dangerous goods departure.
- If you are travelling on a 'Spirit of Kangaroo Island' service you may be travelling with freight, which could include livestock or fuel. For more information, please enquire with your consultant.
Conditions of Travel and Booking:
- I these conditions "the Company" means SeaLink Travel Group, its servants and agents and "the passenger" means the passenger booked to travel. Travel must be completed within 12 months of payment. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and any Australian State.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel, vary this service in any way, or substitute any ferry or other means of transport without incurring any liability.
- Fares, times, schedules and routes are subject to alteration, without prior notice, at the discretion of the Company.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise in the event of cancellation of this service or the abandonment of the service during the course thereof (should the Company or any of its servants or agents decide that such abandonment is necessary) or of any deviation or delay in any service arising from any cause whatsoever. In any such event the Company will not be liable in any way for consequential damage including, but not limited to, the cost of accommodation or for any alternative means of travel which may arise and any additional expense so arising shall be the liability of the passenger.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for loss of, or damage to, any vehicle being carried for the passenger, or luggage, or for consequential damages arising there-from whether sustained during off-loading or transportation, and whether arising from negligence, malfunction of the vessel or other cause, except to the extent that the exclusion of such liability is prohibited by law.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for any injury and/or death of a passenger travelling on this service whether caused by negligence, malfunction to the vessel or other cause except to the extent that exclusion of such liability is prohibited by law.
- Kangaroo Island is a Ligurian Bee Sanctuary. Importing honey, pollen or other bee products is prohibited. A fine of up to $10,000 may apply.
- Biosecurity on Kangaroo Island - Please help protect Kangaroo Island and keep it safe from pests and diseases. Do not bring any bee or honey products, unwashed potatoes, vine cuttings, foxes or rabbits onto the island. Penalties may apply.